...the reverse side of beauty..//..Mantified

A Jrock commentary journal (at least most of it is).

Thursday, August 12, 2010

the World

I have been listening to my limited list of Nightmare songs on repeat the past week, which has been truly enjoyable for my want and desire to get to know them more. Ideally, I'd still like to add more songs to my inventory before starting to buy their releases. My amount of love comes first you know!

My favourite so far is the World. It's rock, wonderfully upbeat, not to mention extraordinary on its guitar solo. And, if it sounds familiar, it's one of the opening pieces for Death Note,which, I must say, is one of the most exciting thriller mystery series I've ever read for the manga...would definitely look into watching the anime for it too. The reason for adoring this single? It's the sort of auditory introduction for this sort of action-mystery fueled anime should be like: something with a moderately fast tempo, easy on the ears to listen to, and interesting arrangements. Nice! I love the original PV too, the use of tarot cards, candles and elegant candle stands, a cloaked being, Hitsugi blindfolded...it really all adds up to the atmosphere of not knowing what fate will do.

0 comments:

Post a Comment