...the reverse side of beauty..//..Mantified

A Jrock commentary journal (at least most of it is).

Friday, September 3, 2010

TORTURE PV by Miyavi

Boy oh boy oh boy oh boy! Just when you think you've heard the end of Miyavi after a month long of Tokyo live streams, we have the next single!

I've been listening to TORTURE throughout the live and thought it was a pretty good song. While I preferred most of the live versions of his songs (Survive being one of them), this is most definitely one which sounds way better recorded than the live. Not to say that I don't like the live version of this song, but the basicness (is that even a word?) of raw Miyavi style rock without the bells and jingles in the song is outstanding in its own right. It's one of the more serious songs I've seen, i.e. no silly facial gimmicks or random spazz, and still very true to the Miyavi essence.

I'm loving this single!

Now to wait for the album release!

0 comments:

Post a Comment