...the reverse side of beauty..//..Mantified

A Jrock commentary journal (at least most of it is).

Okay, finally! My new layout for this blog is here!

I will miss the old layout and its colours, but this new one is exciting!

So what did I change? Mainly the comments. The old layout was under classic style, and despite claims that you were actually able to use the comment functions with that skin, it didn't quite work out for me, no matter how much I've edited the HTML and all that jank. Which really sucks because I do like the overall feel of that skin. And another reason: embedded videos always spill into the next column. Despite always changing the size to the smallest one to embed whenever I want to embed something from a video streaming site (mainly YouTube), sometimes the smallest isn't always small enough to fit into the body. So that also needed remedying.

As such, I decided to use the newer version of Blogger - using the widgets! It'll be easier to add (or remove) things from the side bar since I wouldn't need to fiddle around with changing the HTML so much. But at the same time, I needed bigger body space for my posts - most of the layouts I looked into were either too small, or too business-like, or the design sucked, or it looked way too much like a BBC page (or whatever news/magazine site). After all, I'm not focused on making it look too much like a magazine and I do want to keep it looking more personal than commercial. I did have fun creating the header, it is my favourite group after all. XD And of course, I kept the contents and the right side bar mostly the same and removed some unnecessary wording. The gifs stay though! I love them too much. I might change the background again to make it darker, but I'll give it a rest for now.

Moving on!

Oh...I meant to say...REBOOT (like Luna Sea).

2 comments:

Amantis said...

This is proof my comment section is working!

Version Google.

Anonymous said...

And this is LJ version for you LJ people.

Post a Comment