...the reverse side of beauty..//..Mantified

A Jrock commentary journal (at least most of it is).

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

The wonders of nail polish

I don't normally talk about the small things about my life here, but what I witnessed yesterday probed me to feel compelled to write this.

You know how when you're a child and you see something that you feel only grown ups do and feel like there's some sort of magic going on in such a way that you wished you were an adult? I'm sure this is what the girl who watched my nails being painted felt when she curiously stood right next to us right when the manicurist was applying the dark red polish on me. She had this look of wonder at that moment as if she wished that she too could take part in this ritual of making your nails look dangerously beautiful.

Then again, I was probably like that when I first discovered make up and ransacked my mother's wardrobe. It's as if you've unearthed some foreign treasure that holds secrets to the species called woman.

Looking at my glossy pinot noir and nicely shaped finger nails right now, I can't help but think...I've certainly come a long way from a plain teenager to a GazettE fan with newly pierced ears. Maybe it's time to search for more and new magic.

0 comments:

Post a Comment